Thursday, June 9, 2011

Snippits of a Few Projects

I forgot to take/add photos of a few projects I have been working on, so here we go...

May 2011 block for Birdie Stitches Quilt Along
June block for Birdie Stitches Quilt Along.
The pattern actually was a bird with various words written in different fonts; it was quite nice, but I really wanted a picture... but what does June symbolize or celebrate other than Father's Day???  I thought of a pond with a dragonfly (& the bird of course), and one of my work colleagues mentioned Summer Solstice - ahaah... great idea, Liz!!

I purchased 2 Animal Jungle Panels at a great deal, so I simply added some coordinating flannel on the backside & then I cheated on the binding by using some pre-purchased quilt binding that I had at home.  

The 2 blankets together (the dark spot on the far end is the shadow of the fence in the yard).

I did a meander stitch on the quilt.

A photo of parts of the quilt front & backing.

1 comment:

  1. Your birdie blocks are really sweet! P.S. You won the Orange Zest giveaway, so drop me a line with your address--congrats!

    ReplyDelete