Saturday, June 4, 2011

Two Sewing Tasks this Week

I put the sewing machine away downstairs for a few days because we've been busy with other things, and I also worked a few 12-hour shifts at the hospital.

I managed to add the sashing to my P2QA (Patchwork Squared Modern Solids Quilt-Along) but I ran out of the chocolate brown fabric so I'll finish up the border another day.  
I'm pretty pleased with this quilt so far. 
(Yes, I know... I've obviously not ironed it for the photo.)
Our new kitchen chairs have white padded seats, and they will certainly not stay white for long... especially with our little toddler.  
Off to Value Village I went & I found this tweed fabric for about $6.  
And guess what... I had JUST enough fabric to cover all 6 chairs.  
I think these seat covers look pretty nifty, and we love the colours of the fabric... and I can easily remove them & wash them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment