Friday, August 19, 2011

Sewing Machine Put Away

I have put my sewing machine away for a while.  There's so much to do while the weather is nice, and we are also having family visiting, so I really needed some excuses to clear the kitchen table of some sewing projects.  It actually feels good to be able to do some other things.  When my son sleeps, I usually do sewing, but now I am working on a digital photo album of a trip to India that I did in January 2005!  Hopefully, I can get that album done quickly... & then I'll have to make an album for my son.  Too much to do & too little time.

I counted all my sewing projects that are in various stages of work... and I have about 10 in all!  That is a lot of sewing!!

I was due to purchase the last (August) block for the "Two Toonies Thursday" (Star Search) quilt along, but the store has closed its doors... and since there are no notices, I have no idea how I could potentially get the last quilt block.  I think I'll have to improvise & make one myself.  It's so unfortunate to see a local quilt shop close its doors... especially when it carried such beautiful fabrics.  

This is block #4 (of 5) for the Rockin Robin Quilt Along.  I still have to do block #5.  The quilt along is actually for a quilt, but I will put a tablerunner together instead.



I finished off the 12 quilt blocks for the Summer Sampler Series Quilt Along.  It was a lot of paper-piecing, but it was fun & good practice.
Here are some of the last blocks & some of them required 12 templates before I could put them together!









All 12 blocks for the Summer Sampler Series Quilt Along


Here is the August block for the Birdie Stitches Quilt Along.


I made some fun, cute baby bibs.

This week I bought some flannel & cotton & made this cute little receiving blanket.  


2 comments:

  1. What a busy lady you are! It's too bad about your local quilt shop. Maybe you could call the owner and see if they have that block or could tell you where you can get it.
    The paper-piecing project is really pretty and you have done them beautifully.

    Ricci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is amazing. I love all the blocks you made.

    ReplyDelete