Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Few More Blocks

February has been such a crazy busy month... and I am hoping March will be a little less busy and will allow me to catch up on some sewing projects.

I did manage to complete 4 quilt blocks.  The blocks are FAR from perfect, but there comes a time when you really just want to get it done.

Freebie 15: Sand Dollar

Freebie 15: Sand Bar
This block is smaller than it's supposed to be (12") and the sandbar squares are so terribly crooked - agh!

Block 11 "Fractured Star" for Fat Quarters Stars Quilt Along

Block 12 - "Faceted Friendship" for Fat Quarters Stars Quilt Along

Twelve stars all done... now to add sashing & bind to finish them off as a quilt top!



I have the fabric to finish up the FQSQA quilt top, but I just need some time now!

I am finishing off binding for 2 quilts, so will post photos when they both are done. 

2 comments:

  1. I just finished the block and the companion from March. For the block, I ended up drawing my own heart block on graph paper using 1/8 as my smallest measurement, and then paper piecing on my drawing. I just couldn't imagine getting an accurate block with 16th inch measurements and also templates. It looks good finished, and is not exactly as per the shop, but is close enough (and less stressful to me than templates and 16th of inch sewing). As far as the companion goes, I put small flying geese instead of the very small templates in the pattern. My block came out fine, and much less stressful. Hopefully you have good luck with this month's blocks. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I get the quilt pattern to fractured star? I love this and can not find it anywhere. I don't do as good with dimensions, I need a actual pattern.

    ReplyDelete